What I want for Christmas - a list.
1) No whinging at home. Or in the car. Or at the shops. Or in the playground. Or anywhere. Make it stop. Please make it stop.
2) A life-sized cut out of Pat Rafter. Obviously, I'd much rather the real thing, but I'm already married and I don't want to have to deal with two men's raging sexual desires. One is enough. Seriously, how many headaches can one woman have?
4) I want these Chanel sunglasses
this Stella McCartney bag.
6) I want all kids to be able to go to school without fear. I'd like for all kids to have access to education. I'd like for all kids to have access to food and clean water. I'd like for all kids to be loved. I'd love more people to give a shit. I'd love more people with the power to change things to actually change them, rather than talk about how they would change things if they had the courage and inclination to actually do something meaningful, rather than politicise.
7) I want more Maggie Beer dark chocolate and orange ice-cream in my belly. I'd also like my belly not convert that into fat. I'd also like to develop a love of running so I can fit into my jeans.
8 ) I'd like people to be more honest with others and not hide behind their computers screens writing on forums. You know who you are.
9) I want my family to be happy, brave, healthy, silly, loving and adventurous. Just like it is already, but more so. With a little less of whinging, the waking in the night, the kicking me in the head when they crawl into my bed, the asking for "something to eat" all of the time and the fighting over toys. I'd prefer more of the kisses, the crazy dancing, the giggles, the learning, the absurdly glorious questions, the smiles, the singing and the hand holding.
10) I want more days like this.
12) I want to thank everyone for reading bigwords and to wish you a safe and happy holidays. You rock my world. You make me laugh, cry and help my heart to sing. I am so grateful to you all.
What do you want?